From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: master build is broken again
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 23:06:59 GMT
On Fri, Mar 8, 2013, at 04:41 PM, Mike Tutkowski wrote:
> I wanted to make sure I understood this line properly:
>
> "git clean -f" will clean up your workspace, in case there are temporary
> untracked files under your workspace.
>
> What happens to your untracked files when you execute "git clean -f"?
>  They're not deleted, are they?  Or maybe that's the point of the -f
>  option
> (to delete such files)?

>From the git-clean man page:

"Cleans the working tree by recursively removing files that are not
under version control, starting from the current directory."

Git has a configuration variable called clean.requireForce that is
usually set to "true" - meaning you have to type the -f to tell git
"yes, I really mean it - delete those files."

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier