incubator-cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Julien Garet <julien.ga...@inria.fr>
Subject Re: problem with current master and vmware for creating instances
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:57:39 GMT
I've found something, I think. The template was refered in the template_spool_ref with all
NULL values. 
Removing this entry make it trying to download the template. But it does not complete due
to errors : 

013-03-01 13:48:27,559 DEBUG [cloud.storage.VolumeManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-1:job-35) Checking
if we need to prepare 1 volumes for VM[User|e6fbcefb-9098-4eab-8f6c-0b8370907edd] 
2013-03-01 13:48:27,722 DEBUG [cloud.template.TemplateManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-1:job-35)
Downloading 7 via 1 
2013-03-01 13:48:27,732 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request] (Job-Executor-1:job-35) Seq 3-1058930794:
Sending { Cmd , MgmtId: 345042876358, via: 3, Ver: v1, Flags: 100111, [{"storage.PrimaryStorageDownloadCommand":{

"localPath":"/mnt/cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","poolUuid":"cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","poolId":200,"primaryPool":{"id":200,"uuid":"cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","host":"172.21.4.2","pa

th":"/data/testosx","port":2049,"type":"NetworkFilesystem"},"secondaryStorageUrl":"nfs://172.21.4.3/containers/testosx","primaryStorageUrl":"nfs://172.21.4.2/data/testosx","url":"nfs://172.21.4.3/containers/testo

sx/template/tmpl//1/7//caf8bd2a-d967-3094-95aa-2d9d1764f9a8.ova","format":"OVA","accountId":1,"name":"centos53-x64","wait":10800}}]
} 
2013-03-01 13:48:28,865 DEBUG [agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache] (DirectAgent-49:null) Ping
from 1 
2013-03-01 13:48:30,233 DEBUG [cloud.api.ApiServlet] (240631270@qtp-1414103908-11:null) ===START===
193.51.236.13 -- GET command=queryAsyncJobResult&jobId=6cc79eca-d3b8-4448-8ebc-688c2616c864&response=json&sess

ionkey=2Td9NDaZwm1%2B6nTzvXfktYu3fo0%3D&_=1362142110235 
2013-03-01 13:48:30,255 DEBUG [cloud.api.ApiServlet] (240631270@qtp-1414103908-11:null) ===END===
193.51.236.13 -- GET command=queryAsyncJobResult&jobId=6cc79eca-d3b8-4448-8ebc-688c2616c864&response=json&sessio

nkey=2Td9NDaZwm1%2B6nTzvXfktYu3fo0%3D&_=1362142110235 
2013-03-01 13:48:32,805 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request] (AgentManager-Handler-3:null) Seq
3-1058930794: Processing: { Ans: , MgmtId: 345042876358, via: 3, Ver: v1, Flags: 110, [{"storage.PrimaryStorageDownloadAn

swer":{"templateSize":0,"result":false,"details":"Unable to execute PrimaryStorageDownloadCommand
due to exception","wait":0}}] } 
2013-03-01 13:48:32,805 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request] (Job-Executor-1:job-35) Seq 3-1058930794:
Received: { Ans: , MgmtId: 345042876358, via: 3, Ver: v1, Flags: 110, { PrimaryStorageDownloadAnswer
} } 
2013-03-01 13:48:32,808 DEBUG [agent.manager.AgentAttache] (AgentManager-Handler-3:null) Seq
3-1058930794: No more commands found 

I can't find the exception trace anywhere so I don't know why it is failing... do you know
if it is logged somewhere ? 

---- 
Julien Garet 

----- Mail original -----

> De: "Julien Garet" <julien.garet@inria.fr>
> À: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Envoyé: Vendredi 1 Mars 2013 11:04:04
> Objet: problem with current master and vmware for creating instances

> Hello,

> I am facing a problem I don't understand when I try to use the
> current master with a vmware cluster.

> When I create an instance for the first time, it does not download
> the template to primary storage... But It works for the systemvms !

> Here is what I see in the logs :

> 2013-03-01 09:03:57,386 DEBUG [cloud.storage.VolumeManagerImpl]
> (Job-Executor-3:job-19) Checking if we need to prepare 1 volumes for
> VM[User|1c0da489-3c4d-4225-92be-40d62ee662b0]
> 2013-03-01 09:03:57,482 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (Job-Executor-3:job-19) Seq 1-1105592333: Sending { Cmd , MgmtId:
> 345042876358, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 100111,
> [{"storage.CreateCommand":{"volId":9,"pool":{"id":200,"uuid":"cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","host":"172.21.4.2","path":"/data/testosx","port":2049,"type":"NetworkFilesystem"},"diskCharacteristics":{"size":2147483648,"tags":[],"type":"ROOT","name":"ROOT-37","useLocalStorage":false,"recreatable":true,"diskOfferingId":1,"volumeId":9},"wait":0}}]
> }
> 2013-03-01 09:03:57,482 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (Job-Executor-3:job-19) Seq 1-1105592333: Executing: { Cmd , MgmtId:
> 345042876358, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 100111,
> [{"storage.CreateCommand":{"volId":9,"pool":{"id":200,"uuid":"cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","host":"172.21.4.2","path":"/data/testosx","port":2049,"type":"NetworkFilesystem"},"diskCharacteristics":{"size":2147483648,"tags":[],"type":"ROOT","name":"ROOT-37","useLocalStorage":false,"recreatable":true,"diskOfferingId":1,"volumeId":9},"wait":0}}]
> }
> 2013-03-01 09:03:57,482 DEBUG [agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache]
> (DirectAgent-15:null) Seq 1-1105592333: Executing request
> 2013-03-01 09:03:57,483 INFO [vmware.resource.VmwareResource]
> (DirectAgent-15:172.21.0.251) Executing resource CreateCommand:
> {"volId":9,"pool":{"id":200,"uuid":"cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","host":"172.21.4.2","path":"/data/testosx","port":2049,"type":"NetworkFilesystem"},"diskCharacteristics":{"size":2147483648,"tags":[],"type":"ROOT","name":"ROOT-37","useLocalStorage":false,"recreatable":true,"diskOfferingId":1,"volumeId":9},"wait":0}
> 2013-03-01 09:03:59,628 DEBUG [vmware.mo.HostMO]
> (DirectAgent-15:172.21.0.251) find VM
> 81298a3a70c2490f854f162c52d6c40e on host

> And here is what I expect to see (same action for systemvm) :

> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,503 DEBUG [cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl]
> (Job-Executor-11:job-44) Checking if we need to prepare 1 volumes
> for VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-1-TEST]
> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,503 DEBUG [cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl]
> (Job-Executor-11:job-44) Volume Vol[1|vm=1|ROOT] will be recreated
> on storage pool Pool[201|NetworkFilesystem] assigned by
> deploymentPlanner
> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,509 DEBUG [cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl]
> (Job-Executor-11:job-44) Created new volume Vol[18|vm=1|ROOT] for
> old volume Vol[1|vm=1|ROOT]
> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,513 DEBUG [cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl]
> (Job-Executor-11:job-44) Creating volume: Vol[18|vm=1|ROOT]
> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,513 DEBUG [cloud.storage.StorageManagerImpl]
> (Job-Executor-11:job-44) Trying to create in
> Pool[201|NetworkFilesystem]
> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,521 DEBUG [cloud.template.TemplateManagerImpl]
> (Job-Executor-11:job-44) Downloading template 8 to pool 201
> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,528 DEBUG [cloud.template.TemplateManagerImpl]
> (Job-Executor-11:job-44) Downloading 8 via 1
> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,532 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (Job-Executor-11:job-44) Seq 1-1846938487: Sending { Cmd , MgmtId:
> 345042876358, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 100111,
> [{"storage.PrimaryStorageDownloadCommand":{"localPath":"/mnt/cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","poolUuid":"cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","poolId":201,"secondaryStorageUrl":"nfs://172.21.4.3/containers/testosx","primaryStorageUrl":"nfs://172.21.4.2/data/testosx","url":"nfs://172.21.4.3/containers/testosx/template/tmpl/1/8//6bc0866b-077f-4153-a04a-8842c4c3a2bd.ova","format":"OVA","accountId":1,"name":"routing-8","wait":10800}}]
> }
> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,532 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (Job-Executor-11:job-44) Seq 1-1846938487: Executing: { Cmd ,
> MgmtId: 345042876358, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 100111,
> [{"storage.PrimaryStorageDownloadCommand":{"localPath":"/mnt/cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","poolUuid":"cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","poolId":201,"secondaryStorageUrl":"nfs://172.21.4.3/containers/testosx","primaryStorageUrl":"nfs://172.21.4.2/data/testosx","url":"nfs://172.21.4.3/containers/testosx/template/tmpl/1/8//6bc0866b-077f-4153-a04a-8842c4c3a2bd.ova","format":"OVA","accountId":1,"name":"routing-8","wait":10800}}]
> }
> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,532 DEBUG [agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache]
> (DirectAgent-433:null) Seq 1-1846938487: Executing request
> 2013-02-28 09:43:09,532 INFO [vmware.resource.VmwareResource]
> (DirectAgent-433:172.21.0.251) Executing resource
> PrimaryStorageDownloadCommand:
> {"localPath":"/mnt/cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","poolUuid":"cc08b902-cbe8-3b8d-a987-3167edafafc7","poolId":201,"secondaryStorageUrl":"nfs://172.21.4.3/containers/testosx","primaryStorageUrl":"nfs://172.21.4.2/data/testosx","url":"nfs://172.21.4.3/containers/testosx/template/tmpl/1/8//6bc0866b-077f-4153-a04a-8842c4c3a2bd.ova","format":"OVA","accountId":1,"name":"routing-8","wait":10800}

> Result is : ROOT disk for Instance shows in vCenter it uses 3KB of
> storage resource, so no OS is copied... The tests were done with the
> CentOS5.3 template automatically downloaded and installed. Template
> seems to have a good size on secondary storage et is marked as ready
> to use in the UI.

> Any clues on that ?

> ----
> Julien Garet
> P.S. : full clones is disabled if it matters
Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message