From Deepti Dohare <deepti.doh...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Dedicated Resources: Dedicate Pods, Clusters, Hosts to a domain
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:25:28 GMT
Hi all,
The feature Dedicated Resources "Private pod, cluster and host" is updated with some changes.
Here is the updated FS:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Dedicated+Resources+-+Private+pod%2C+cluster%2C+host+Functional+Spec

Overview of updates to the feature requirement:
1. Implicit Dedication: Admin can "implicitly" dedicate resources. Implicit dedication can
be for a zone/pod/cluster/host, but not associated with any domain or account.
2. A new flag in Service Offering, will indicate whether implicit dedication is required or
not.
3. Explicit Dedication: Admin will explicitly dedicate resources to domain/account.
4. A new parameter in deployVirtulMachine API will indicate whether to use explicitly dedicated
resources or not.

So I am planning to add a new planner that will process dedication and modify existing planners/allocators
to make sure dedicated-resources will not be used if any of the above flag is not specified.

Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks,
Deepti

C1 to