From Brian Federle <Brian.Fede...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] UI plugin framework
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:15:20 GMT
Thanks Chip. I'll let you know if I think of anything specific regarding UI sanity checks.
The most important parts unique to UI are ensuring all new input fields are validated for
security, strings are properly localized, etc. -- along with ensuring 3rd party libraries
are present. I'll elaborate more on the wiki page.

-Brian

On Feb 14, 2013, at 12:51 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:41:00AM -0800, Brian Federle wrote:
>> Chip,
>>
>> First off, I apologize for not seeing your e-mail. I waited ~24hrs with only one
response, and unfortunately I missed your post when I already merged to master. I think I
forgot to read the full thread of what I was responding to there, so I'll be more careful
in the future.

>> However, there really needs to be more clarification about the merging procedure/protocol.
I thought that waiting a day would be sufficient, and considering the lack of responses (and
the one positive from Rohit) I read that as an OK to proceed the push. Despite this, I can't
effectively follow proper procedure by sifting through hundreds of mails in the list to try
and figure out what everyone else is doing. Can we please have a wiki page setup with clear
instructions? I'm really not trying to break any rules, but I'm sort of in the dark here and
still need to get the features I'm working on out in a timely manner.