From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should cloudstack-dev mailing list strip "Reply-to" header?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 02:36:12 GMT

On 07/02/2013, at 12:05 PM, Sheng Yang <sheng@yasker.org> wrote:

> The previous setting won't respect CC after the CCed guy replied mail.
> I don't think that's useful.
>
> I truly believe it's developer's responsible to keep track of their
> own topic, but I also think make it easier for developer to keep track
> is better.

This seems like an edge case to me... most of the time a developer that contributes to a thread
will remember to follow that subject (as I am doing here). If that might be a problem, they
have alternatives:
- CC themselves on messages they send, so they remain on the CC list
- set up filters to label threads that include their name

Do these seem like better alternatives than altering the list reply-to?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org