From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject VMware vNetwork Distributed Virtual Switch testing on 4.0 branch
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 18:47:31 GMT
Sateesh and Koushik,

Is there any reason in your opinion this could would not work on 4.0 branch? I'm not proposing
to port or merge this feature into 4.0 - as it probably will go against our release rules
of adding major features.

Reason I'm asking, I have issues with creating adding a vmware cluster into 4.1 (via GUI).
I will document what those issues are, but in the meantime to speed up the testing, I was
curious if I can just pull the patches and try them on stable 4.0 code?

I will also try to add vmware cluster via  cloudmonkey to bypass the possible GUI issues (if
GUI is indeed the reason for my issues).

Thanks
-ilya

PS: To be completely honest, I would love just this feature ported over to 4.0.2 - as we have
no use for other great features of 4.1 just yet and happy with what 4.0 has to offer. But
I don't want to be the one breaking the release rules, so I may just do it for my environment.