From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Merge 4.1-new-db-schema.sql to db/db/schema-40to410.sql
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:58:06 GMT
Edison, you'd created a 4.1-new-db-schema sql, may I merge
4.1-new-db-schema.sql  to db/db/schema-40to410.sql? We'll also need a
db/db/schema-40to410-cleanup.sql and upgrading class.

There is some difference between the 4.0 create-schema.sql and that in
4.1: http://people.apache.org/~bhaisaab/diff-create-schema-40-41.sql

Alex suggested in last discussion that we should not change the schema
file and have upgrade paths and cleanup paths. This would help us do
rolling upgrades. But Alex, there are a lot of difference between the
4.0 schema and 4.1 schema sqls (about 4k lines of diff):
http://people.apache.org/~bhaisaab/diff4041sqls.sql If we don't want
developers to change anything in the schema files, how do you propose
we fix it now for 4.1? Move all these changes to 40to41 sql?

Sheng (ipv6), Kishan (regions), Vijay (autoscale) I see some create
schema changes, should we move them to db/db/schema-40to410.sql?

Min, the create-schema-view did not exist for 4.0, should we keep it
as it as, our move it as upgrade path?

For 4.1, we should do following changes so DatabaseCreator could be
refactored and used starting 4.2/master:
- Change version to 4.0 in create-schema
- Make sure there is difference between 4.0 and 4.1 create-schema sqls
- Move new additions to db/db/schema-40to410.sql, define a cleanup
path/sql and upgrading class from 40-41
- Fix cloudstack-setup-databases, for 4.1 we won't use
databasecreator, stick with the present script (won't risk regressions
and whatnot)

Regards.