From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 07:13:42 GMT
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Chip Childers
<chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
> Yup, having 9 blockers (as of a moment ago) is pretty bad.
>
> Here's the list FWIW...  the last one needs someone to grab it and fix
> it.  Others with blocker bugs, can you please at least update it with
> current status?

Updates on few of them:

> CLOUDSTACK-1228Unable to Create System Vm's in the  VMware Hypervisor
> setup.Venkata Siva Vijayendra Bhamidipati

Can be due to incorrect packaging, an issue was fixed in
CLOUDSTACK-1244, this needs to be re-tested.

> CLOUDSTACK-1244fail to push sysmvm.iso onto xen hostAbhinandan Prateek

Fixed and tested, works.

> CLOUDSTACK-1252Failed to download default template in VMwareAlex Huang
>
> CLOUDSTACK-1264System VM does not have default route.Jayapal Reddy

Both above ones may have been affected due to CLOUDSTACK-1244. We need
to re-test and see if they are still valid.

> CLOUDSTACK-1276Remove autoscanning for 4.1Kelven Yang

This is frivolous, the fix is simple and we've a way to quickly fix
it. But from my memory hunt and peck tests; (there was only one agent
being behind mgmt server issue [1])
Usage of master:
852 MB

Usage of 4.1 with Kelven's fix:
417 MB during load time (peak)
377 MB (runtime, after deploying a basic zone on devcloud)

We want Kelven's fix from CLOUDSTACK-1339 on master.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1339?focusedCommentId=13586870&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13586870

Regards.

> CLOUDSTACK-1289[F5-SRX-InlineMode] Usage stats are not generated for
> Juniper SRX Firewall in inlinemodeKishan Kavala
>
> CLOUDSTACK-1357Duplicate <jobstatus> inside DeployVM's job response
> virtualmachine object Was: (Autoscale: Provisioned VMs from Netscaler
> not being added to lb vserver, provserver fails with
> provserver_err_asynctaskpoll)Vijay Venkatachalam
>
> CLOUDSTACK-1382vm deploy fails with Error "cannot find
> DeployPlannerSelector for vm"for frank zhang
>
> CLOUDSTACK-1386BASIC zone SSVM fail to start due to exception Unassigned
>
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:36:17AM -0800, Sudha Ponnaganti wrote:
>> Chip,
>>
>> Would like to raise concern that even blockers are not being addressed in time for
QA to run automation and move ahead with testing of features. I will post the features ( very
minimal numbers ) tested so far. This is a risk unless developers take the defects seriously
and fix them and let us move ahead. Blockers are being sitting there for more than 10 days
without any resolution.

>> As for next  escalation point,  I would recommend to remove features where defects
are not being addressed. There is no point in putting code in which is not usable and these
are blocking other working features which we could not even get to.

>> Thanks
>> /Sudha

QA / bug-fix work.  We defined it as:

>> 2013-02-28
>>   Docs Completion Target (except release notes and translations) (Docs
>>   may be included in the release after this date, after consensus on
>>   each addition that the inclusion does not reduce release quality).
>>
>>   Release Branch moves to limited updates only (only commits allowed
>>   in would be release blockers fixes, translation updates, etc...)
>>
>> I'd like to get as many bugs resolved as possible (as well as ensure that the blockers
that Sudha has shared this morning are addressed as quickly as possible).

>> After Thursday, we're going to want to move to a very limited amount of change within
the 4.1 branch.  Given that, now's the time to knock down the blockers...  but also as many
of the other priority bugs as possible.

>> If you have 4.1 bugs assigned to you, please take a moment today to try to get them
resolved (or at least triaged).  If you don't have any bugs assigned, then pick some of the
unassigned ones!  We're trying to not work like a corporate dev team, where managers assign
the bugs.  That means that personal initiative to pick up work and resolve issues is going
to be key to getting our bug count down!

>> Also, if we can get the DEB packaging wrapped up and in the branch by EOD Thursday,
that would go a long way to ensuring that we will be working with a stable source tree for
the rest of the process.  (Wido /