From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Google Summer of Code?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 09:05:02 GMT
In my past experience the role of project admin for GSoC project would
be the most challenging.
To get started we need to setup a wiki page explaining how we want to
define our participation, what are the rules for students to submit
their applications. For example it's a very common practice that every
participating student should submit some patch or do some work as a
qualification task. Another important important task is to evangelize
the project among students so they know CloudStack exists. For
example, we tried to do one for VLMC [1] (but failed to attract any
student). Lastly, every participating project gets no. of slots (no.
of students that project can have) which is proportional to no. of
application (more of less) that project gets. After getting selected
as a project and getting no. of slots it's up to the project admin to
select proposed project/student and their mentor.

If we serious, we can get started by evangelizing our project and work
on a wiki on which we propose certain ideas and mentors, but students
would actually propose their ideas [1].

[1] http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2012#VLMC

Regards.