From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building SystemVM template appliance
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 08:02:56 GMT
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Chiradeep Vittal
<Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com> wrote:
> It is confusing -- gaah.
> I could be persuaded that it could be licensed as Apache. But IANAL and we
> went through the legal wringer already on this in Aug/Sep.
>
> To build the actual systemvm, I would call another helper script in post
> install: cloudstack.sh which replicates the packages() function in
> buildsystemvm.sh

Yes veewee calls base.sh which is the postinstallation script that
runs when the basic box (the vm) is created.
So, you customize the vm in definitions.rb and works on the
postinstallation scripts (they are, base.sh which is the first post
install scripts, cleanup.sh which can be used to do some house
cleaning, before zero.sh is called which fills the remaining disk
image with zeroes so, when we export the vmdk image as ova, we get
max. compression, i.e. small size).

> To perform the overrides of default config files, it seems we would need
> the puppet provisioner in vagrant?

No for the systemvm template all you need is veewee, while you can
configure vagrant and/or puppet, it's not required.
Just configuring stuff we want to install and setup inside the vm in
base.sh would work.

Regards.