From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Building SystemVM template appliance
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 12:24:26 GMT
Just wanted to share some wip, based on the way we can build devcloud
and basebox appliance, I've added a template systemvm appliance which
can be built using veewee and currently has VMDK disk image format.
It's based on Debian b4-i386, has 256MB ram and 2GB HDD. The built
vbox disk can be exported as ova, raw disk image, qcow2 etc.
I've put it under tools/appliance. Maybe we should move our appliance
building code which is in tools/devcloud/src to tools/appliance? Pl.
feel free to hack on it, update the README and scripts.

We now just need to port the patches/systemvm/debian/buildsystemvm.sh
to tools/appliance/definitions/systemvmtemplate/base.sh and add
cleanup code.

 - Install [RVM](https://rvm.io/rvm/install)
 - Setup paths:  export PATH=~/.rvm/bin:$PATH
 - Install Ruby 1.9.3, if it installed some other version: rvm install 1.9.3

cd tools/appliance
veewee vbox list
(Modify scripts in definitions/systemvmtemplate/ as per needs)
veewee vbox build 'systemvmtemplate'
veewee vbox up 'systemvmtemplate'  # start the box

Regards.