From Dave Cahill <dcah...@midokura.com>
Subject Re: devcloud-kvm questions
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:33:28 GMT
Sounds good, thanks Marcus. I'll try the new image tomorrow.

>From investigations today, it looks like the issues I'm having with
devcloud-kvm are more related to a general nested virtualization issue
(maybe related to the baremetal machine I'm using?) rather than anything
CloudStack-specific.

My devcloud-kvm VM appears to have inherited the properties necessary for
KVM virtualization:

[root@devcloud-kvm ~]# lsmod | grep kvm
kvm_intel              52762  3
kvm                   312245  1 kvm_intel

However, when I run VMs with KVM, it either stalls on the SeaBIOS prompt as
mentioned below, or at best, kernel panics with a message like "Kernel
panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel."

Not sure what my next step is, but thought I'd let you know what I found in
case you have any inspiration!

Thanks,
Dave.