From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about SSVM errors/outbound internet connection
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:31:01 GMT
I've run devcloud(2) with the advanced network marvin config
(tools/devcloud/devcloud-advanced_internal-mgt.cfg), with management
server inside devcloud. This doesn't work at the moment, due to the
memory issues, unless you increase the dom0 memory to at least 1.5G.

The other option is the tools/devcloud/devcloud-advanced.cfg. It's
based on the one mentioned above, but should allow you to run the mgt
server on your mac.  I've never actually tried it though, so if you do
and find issues maybe you can help us tweak it.

These advanced configs require that you run a DNS server on your mgt
network, for the reasons mentioned, and it's easy to do. This should
all be covered in the devcloud wiki under the advanced section.

The normal basic zone config (tools/devcloud/devcloud.cfg) doesn't
look like it uses the 10.0.3.0/24 network at all, so you wouldn't be
able to get out. This would be fine for testing certain features, but
not for testing secondary storage functions, VPN, or anything else
that actually requires you to get out. That's why the advanced ones
were created.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM, David Grizzanti
<david.grizzanti@sungard.com> wrote:
> Thanks all for the tips - looks like I can't ping 8.8.8.8 from within the SSVM and 192.168.56.1
doesn't provide DNS in this case.

> In terms of devcloud vs devcloud2, what's the main difference between the two?  Just
wondering if it's worth me switching to devcloud from devcloud2.