From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change qcow disk cache=none
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:16:11 GMT
If you just want to change 'none' to 'writeback' or something like that:

git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-cloudstack.git
cd incubator-cloudstack
git checkout 4.0
vi ./plugins/hypervisors/kvm/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/kvm/resource/LibvirtVMDef.java
# look for the one occurrence of 'none' in this file and change it as
you see fit

Then build your packages
(https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/building-with-maven.html#BuildingwithMaven-BuildingRPMpackages)
mvn install -P deps && ./waf rpm
or
mvn package -P deb

If you want the fully configurable experience from GUI, with per
disk-offering settings, then you'd open the request, and it may make
it into 4.2 in May. Or you could pull the git repo and see if the
feature applies to 4.1 and build your own packages in a month or so
when the feature branch is ready.