From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: RPM Build Errors - File Listed Twice
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:41:48 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Paul Sanders <paul.sanders87@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to build Cloudstack 4.0.1 from source and am having a nightmare
> building the required RPMs to install.
>
> I have compiled with 'mvn install -Dnonoss' which runs through without
> issue. (I have also followed the guide to install the vmware additions).
>
> When I run waf rpm, I get the following errors:
>
> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /root/wd/cloudstack/apache-cloudstack-4.0.1-incubating-src/artifacts/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/cloud-4.0.1-1.el6.x86_64
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-iControl.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-manageontap.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler-sdx.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler.jar
>

> RPM build errors:
>     File listed twice: /usr/share/java/axis2-1.5.1.jar
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/Catalina
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/Catalina/localhost
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/Catalina/localhost/client
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/db.properties
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/log4j-cloud.xml
>     File listed twice: /etc/cloud/management/tomcat6.conf
>     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-iControl.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-manageontap.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler-sdx.jar
>    /usr/share/java/cloud-netscaler.jar
> system command rpmbuild failed with error value 1
>
> What is it I am missing? Is this cached in someway?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
> ---
> Kind Regards
>
> Paul Sanders
>
> Mail: paul.sanders87@googlemail.com

So RPM doesn't like the files listed twice, but it will exit cleanly
with them (patch welcome for that incidentally - there's an open bug
for it)

The problem thats causing it to fail is that the spec file doesn't
have a listing for the non-ASF friendly JARs.

See this thread from earlier in the month
http://markmail.org/message/s45dx53jmyop7cql

Essentially modify the spec file to include those file listing  (or
glob them with a file listing), and it will build fine.

--David