From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WIKI] Do we need a top-level Releases page?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:18:54 GMT
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> Joe,
>
> I added those in.  IMHO, our wiki should just "export" content and then it gets "styled"
up and be put on cloudstack.org.

> Take a look at cxf landing page vs the wiki.  Their landing page is nothing more than
dressed up wiki.

> Landing page:
> http://cxf.apache.org/
>
> wiki:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CXF/
>
> This has a few benefits:
> - Reduces the things we have to keep track of to a minimum.
> - Familiar platform for people who want to write things targeted to the end user/cloud
operator.
> - End user/cloud operator has a natural way to dig deeper.
>
> Our collaborations should happen on the mailing list but once a consensus is achieved
someone should write something on the wiki.  This is similar to how we're doing the FSes currently.

> David has gotten admin privilege to allow us to customize the html export of our wiki.
 I haven't had any time to look at it though (partly because I can only tinker with it through
David since I have no such karma so it's slow for me to get started.)

> --Alex

So while the autoexport will export html to cwiki.a.o, it can not
become the main website (e.g. cs.o or i.a.o/cloudstack)

See:
https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/#Index-Canweusethemirroroftheautoexportsiteasourmainwebsite%253F

(and while it says yes, what it really means is..not anymore)

--David