From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Packaging in 4.1
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 20:29:59 GMT
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Henri Gomez <henri.gomez@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice to see native packages for Cloudstack :
>
> https://github.com/noaresare/incubator-cloudstack/tree/master/packaging
>
> CentOS 6.3 and Debian.
>

> Did there is plan to add Fedora, openSUSE, SLES or will it be done by
> these distributions packagers ?

So we have some openSuSE/SLES packagers on the list, and some Fedora
packagers as well (me at least) While we want them to be packaged, I
think the primary focus atm, is getting things working again.
Essentially the packages that are being created would be unacceptable
for inclusion in most distributions because we bundle jars. That
doesn't mean we can't publish repos that are consumable by those
distributions, but is another point to consider.

--David