From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Packaging in 4.1
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2013 08:49:18 GMT
> Alright, we will also have to implement upgrade paths and
> s/cloud-/cloudstack-/g in a lot of scripts.
>
>> I this the best we to demonstrate is by showing code, instead of a lengthy email
;-) All packages will have a directory in /usr/share/cloudstack-%{name}

> Why not /usr/share/cloudstack/%{name}? cloudstack-cli would have to be
> installed like any other python app, in /usr/*path to python 2.6 or
> 2.7 dir*/site-packages/cloudmonkey, or there will be some other format
> of installation?

WRT to marvin and cloudmonkey - they will be in site-packages - well
that is assuming that we package them. We want to, but at least in
RHEL/CentOS, there are dependencies for cloudmonkey (clint) that don't
exist in the RHEL repos (though it does exist in EPEL). I need to
start a thread on that, as essentially cloudstack-cli will not install
in a default RHEL/CentOS 6.3 install.

I haven't yet looked at Marvin to see what the dependencies are there yet.

--David