From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack API Question
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:11:52 GMT
Actually, when I do a copy/paste of the URL into Chrome, this is what I get
back:

<deployvirtualmachineresponse cloud-stack-version="4.1.0-SNAPSHOT">
<errorcode>431</errorcode>
<cserrorcode>4350</cserrorcode>
<errortext>
Unable to use system template 1 to deploy a user vm
</errortext>
</deployvirtualmachineresponse>

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> I think I fixed the signature issue because now I get a new error code:
>  431
>
> 431 Request Header Fields Too Large (RFC 6585<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6585>
> ) The server is unwilling to process the request because either an
> individual header field, or all the header fields collectively, are too
> large.[18]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes#cite_note-rfc6585-18>
>
> I'm using a GET request.  Maybe I have to do this as a POST request?
>

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>
>> Cool...thanks, Will.
>>
>> It sounds like if I get the signature right, then I should be good.
>>
>> Looking into it now.
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Will Stevens <wstevens@cloudops.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Looking at what you pasted in.  I think you forgot to add the api key to
>>> the request parameters before you sorted them and then generated your
>>> signature.  In short, your signature is wrong...

>>> being

>>> authentication
>>> following.

>>> HttpGet(strFinalUrl));

>>> deployVirtualMachine
>>> response.getStatusLine().getStatusCode());

>>> http://127.0.0.1:8080/client/api?command=deployVirtualMachine&serviceOfferingId=1&diskOfferingId=1&templateId=1&zoneId=1&apiKey=X0U60K_Qgodb6nL5csNcAzRiz2cKiwx-tjBj1dTMLSVxkdmD0QtUhFzDf3MCmwGnC3z2dQPo0j3x_XJYmoEBmg&signature=CJvLoJ%2ByvUM12OUNb9hxyD1Gsjw%3D

>>> domain

>>> click the
>>> Users"
>>> API

> [...]
> [...]