From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject 4.2 storage plug-in changes and CHAP
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 03:19:09 GMT
Hi,

I know Edison has been hard at work on the storage_refactor branch.  I was
wondering, it looks like CloudStack does not support CHAP directly today.
 By "directly," I mean even with, say, XenServer and an iSCSI target, you
cannot enter CHAP credentials via the GUI or API.  If you need to use CHAP,
you must set up your config from the hypervisor and then come into
CloudStack and create your Primary Storage based on that pre-existent
storage config.

Edison's changes should allow Primary Storage to be based on a plug-in
rather than a pre-existent storage config.  That's awesome and very helpful
for my company.  What I would like to know, though, is if CHAP will be
supported in this 4.2 storage plug-in environment.  My company's iSCSI
targets all require CHAP credentials to access them.

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com