From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Storage plug-in question
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 04:07:04 GMT
Hi Edison,

I have a quick question for you.  :)

A week or so ago, I went through the process of setting up iSCSI storage to
be used from CloudStack with XenServer.

When I tried to set the storage up by creating a Primary Storage type and
selecting iSCSI as the protocol, the process did not work (I received an
error message that Primary Storage could not be created).

What I had to do was set XenServer up to see the iSCSI storage first, then
go into CloudStack and create a Primary Storage type by selecting the
PreSetup option.

I am wondering if in the storage_refactor branch we have solved this issue?
 For example, in the storage_refactor branch, the admin could associate a
Primary Storage type with the SolidFire plug-in.  When the user makes use
of a Compute or Disk Offering that leverages the Primary Storage type that
is based on the SolidFire plug-in, storage will need to be created (that's
the plug-in's job) and then associated with a Cluster.  If that Cluster is
running XenServer, will this work?

Basically, I just wanted to confirm that we expect this new plug-in
architecture will be compatible with all of the hypervisors that CloudStack
supports.

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*