From Jessica Tomechak <jessica.tomec...@gmail.com>
Subject [DOC] Is the Working with Volumes section missing from docs on purpose?
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 00:11:19 GMT
This question on -users prompted me to look for our "Resizing Volumes"
section. I discovered that it is missing, along with the entire "Working
with Volumes" section. All the files are in the repo's docs directory
already, so I think it's just an oversight.

Before I file a bug and add this info back in, I wonder whether anyone
remembers deciding on purpose to leave this info out? Or has someone
perhaps rewritten this and put it in another part of the docs?

The missing section covers:

What is a volume
Uploading an existing volume to a VM
Attaching a volume to a VM
Detaching a volume from one VM and attaching it to a different one
Moving volumes from one storage pool to another
Resizing volumes (using VHD)
How deleting a volume affects snapshots (it doesn't)
How to configure garbage collection of deleted volumes

Jessica T.