From Logan McNaughton <lo...@bacoosta.com>
Subject Git question
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:38:26 GMT
Hi, I'm new to committing, I have a question about branches that may have
been answered before:

What is the purpose of the "master" branch? For instance, I found a problem
in CLOUDSTACK-1152 that affects the 4.1 branch (a missing </para> in the
docs) but the </para> is there in master.

I guess my question is, why is there a "master" branch? Why aren't changes
just merged directly into 4.1 or 4.0.2 or whatever the version may be?