From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS41] 4.1 branch created
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2013 18:52:25 GMT
On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Hugo Trippaers
<HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Hey Marcus,
>
> We do have another month  or soto fix things. My main worry is the amount of things that
we still have to fix. The current consensus is that we have a release manager who does the
cherry picking of fixes from master to the branch. If we have sizable number of fixes this
might quickly become a bottle neck and unreasonably burden the poor guy assigned to the job
(remember that its a volunteer run project). If we are able to work directly on the 4.1 branch
we run the risk that 4.1 and master diverge to a point where they are increasingly difficult
to realign and we get the same issues as with the javelin merge when we finish up the 4.1
release and get in shape for the 4.2 release.

I already made this point earlier, but I'll reiterate.  I'm not going
to take responsibility for cherry-picking from master right now.
That's not until March.

All committers (and even contributors) need to take responsibility for
the 4.1 branch being in sync with master right now.

-chip