From Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] cloudstack-dev mailing list has stripped "Reply-to" header
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:24:35 GMT
Partly, and is better than none.

Anyway, it's the community and it's your choice. We can call a vote
again if you want.

--Sheng

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> The current behavior is not the one I've signed up for.  Maybe I misunderstood what was
being said myself.  I agree with Brett.  I thought the idea was people can cc people directly
if they know who they want to get the attention of but the mailing list is still the reply-to
address.  You are still responsible for the topics and tags you're interested in.
> This convention would have made it easier to filter tags and for any mail that cced you
to a folder.  The recipient should still scan mail subjects without tags occasionally but
they don't have to worry about missing emails because they know full well that if something
needs your attention the sender would have cced you.

> As the way this is implemented, if you and brett replied to an email separately and I
replied to your email, Brett is not included anyways so again it loses any type of advantage
you think this implementation gains.