From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Setting up CloudStack to use XenServer with iSCSI
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 22:41:27 GMT
need error messages, otherwise, I don't know how to debug the issue...

From: Mike Tutkowski [mailto:mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 2:11 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; Edison Su; Marcus Sorensen
Subject: Setting up CloudStack to use XenServer with iSCSI

Hi everyone,

I noticed a while back that when I tried to create iSCSI-based Primary Storage for a XenServer
Cluster that the operation failed.

The way I got around this was to go into XenCenter, create a storage repository based on my
iSCSI target, and then go into CloudStack and create a PreSetup-based Primary Storage.

Does anyone know why I had to take this PreSetup approach for XenServer?  Is there no way
for CloudStack to call into XenServer to do this work for me?

Thanks!

--
Mike Tutkowski
Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.