From Fang Wang <fang.w...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [discuss] problem to access the CS IRC channel
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:27:08 GMT
I suspect the ports got blocked by some firewall set up. I tried to look through any rules
regarding the port,
But somehow it's hidden somewhere in the Windows set up. I did not figure out how to change
it.

I tried several ports, they did not work.

Thanks for the ssh recommendation. I'll try it.  SSH+irssi+screen (or tmux) persistent connection
should solve
The problem.

Thanks for all the recommendations!
-Fang

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:jzb@zonker.net]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 7:02 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [discuss] problem to access the CS IRC channel

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013, at 06:47 PM, Fang Wang wrote:
> If we can use the local client IRC to talk to the server,  then it
> will ring when there's msg for me. (at least For some client), but
> seems the webchat won't be able to ring.
>
> But webchat gets us the connection at least :)

You can find alternate ports here, maybe one of those would help?

http://freenode.net/irc_servers.shtml

Alternately, do you have SSH access to any servers that might be able to connect using irssi
(http://www.irssi.org/)?

A lot of us use SSH+irssi+screen (or tmux) to keep a persistent connection even when we might
be traveling.

Best,

jzb
--