From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ACS][BUG] Master build breaks due to sql updates
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:32:50 GMT
Hi Ilya,

I can provide the reason.

CloudStack supports version to version upgrade all the way back to 2.1 days.  The typical
upgrade means developer adds a statement in the new schema and adds one in the upgrade.  The
problem with this approach is that the developer often just writes the new schema and doesn't
change the upgrade scripts.  And even if they did, it's not tested.  There's been discussions
back in the really early days that this should be changed such that we only use one path,
create a schema, apply upgrades.  That's why this has been changed.

--Alex