From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Supported Java version
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 19:55:18 GMT
I apologize for this.  I really meant popular distro versions instead of "new".

We have to consider existing CloudStack users here.  They may want to update CloudStack but
have an existing OS deployment that they're perfectly fine with and updating it means more
complications in the upgrade process and longer downtime.  I don't think we can cease support
for 6 that quickly.

In my previous work, support for an older Java version generally ceases only when the newer
Java version has features that we really want to use.  For example, generics or annotations.
 Is there anything Java 7 that we really need to use in CloudStack?

--Alex