From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject [DISCUSS][INFRA] Setting up gerrit
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 19:06:37 GMT
Hi everyone,

I like to propose that we setup gerrit as the review mechanism.  Here are my reasons

- Committer status in Apache is a reflection of one's commitment to the community, not a reflection
of understanding of code.  So to me just because you have committer status shouldn't mean
code does not need review.  Chip's been doing a great job monitoring the merges and commits
but one person handling all that just means things will slip through.
- This also has the side effect of contributors' code contribution to be treated as a second
class citizen with delays in reviews because review is not common place within our community.
- Direct commits have to be reverted if there are -1 votes, directly impacting the time and
effort of the code contributor.

It makes a lot of sense to make code commit and review a normal process in the CloudStack
Community.

--Alex