From Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyet...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [APOLOGY] Messed up while making a point
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 03:24:30 GMT
Thank you for speaking up for the deserving community members.

Hats off to your honesty ....

-Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 10:01 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Rohit Yadav; Joe Brockmeier; Alex Huang; Animesh Chaturvedi
Subject: Re: [APOLOGY] Messed up while making a point

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 08:36:24AM +0100, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> Hi Rohit,
>
> On 02/25/2013 02:51 AM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> >Hi Animesh, Joe, Alex and everyone,
> >
> >I just wanted to reach out to all of you and the community about the
> >recent thread. I messed up while making a point even though I never
> >wanted to disrespect, disregard or discredit anyone, I ended up doing
> >that. I'm sorry I messed up. I rebuffed jzb both publicly and
> >privately, not my best day. I'm sorry about that too, and would
> >accept any sort of action from the ppmc and the community. I want to
> >work things out with the community again at least, I'm personally
> >educated that we can reach out to our ppmc, discuss things, even
> >nominate people.
> >

> I think it's a brave move of you for writing this up in public.
>
> This stuff happens, we are all humans and sometimes emotions can make
> us do things we later regret. It however depends on who you are if you
> are brave enough to admit that later.
>
> I'm still looking forward to working with you on CloudStack :)

+1 to Wido's comments.  Looking forward to moving forward...

As an aside, your point about how many deserving community members there are was a good one.
 We need your help (and everyone's help) to nominate others for committer rights and PPMC
membership.  This is a really active community, and we're going to miss things sometimes.
cloudstack-private@i.a.o is the right place to send these suggestions!