From Parth Jagirdar <Parth.Jagir...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] UI automation using Python/Selenium
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 18:15:17 GMT
This sounds like a great idea.

We can also Ensure that Selenium and existing Marvin are not overlapping efforts.

Thanks,
.. Parth

-----Original Message-----
From: prasanna [mailto:srivatsav.prasanna@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Prasanna Santhanam
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:16 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Parth Jagirdar
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] UI automation using Python/Selenium

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:06:01AM -0500, Chip Childers wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 03:02:09PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:

> > > Following up on this...
> > >
> > > First, I love this initiative and want to help.  Since you don't
> > > have commit rights, do you want to push to a github repo where
> > > others can fork and submit pull requests for the feature?
> >
> > Parth / Chip,
> >
> > The collaboration for marvin automation is happening on
> > github:/cloudstack-qa ever since the IP clearance issues prevented
> > us from moving tests in to the ASF.  I'm happy to give you commit
> > privileges there so we can collaborate with other contributors
> > interested in automated tests.
> >
> > --
> > Prasanna.,
> >

> Would you see Selenuim tests as being part of the Marvin suite?  IMO,
> they are separate, and I'd like them to be worked within the ACS repo.
> Open to arguments to the contrary though!

Nope that's not what I meant. Selenium tests are seperate. They will of course land in the
ACS repo eventually. But I wanted to bring together those writing functional / integration
tests on one collaborative platform.  In this case that was to be the github repo for cloudstack-qa.
Contributors are free to choose their own repo as well. :)

--
Prasanna.,