From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [MERGE] UI plugin framework
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 00:44:02 GMT
Also would like to add that blockers to be reviewed. We are not able to run automation using
the builds. There are 7 outstanding issues pending and need resolutions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:19 PM
To: <cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: Brian Federle
Subject: Re: [MERGE] UI plugin framework

On Feb 13, 2013, at 6:03 PM, Brian Federle <Brian.Federle@citrix.com> wrote:

> Just merged to master.

That's disappointing, because master was broken before you merged. I would have thought we
would have stopped to fix it first, or at least you would held off until it was fixed. How
did you test master post merge but before push with a broken build?

I'm also a little put off that my question from earlier today went unanswered. I was hoping
we would be able to view the clean diff before a merge happened.

Don't get me wrong. I like the functionality. I'm just not particularly enthralled by the
when and how's of this merge.

> -Brian
>
> On Feb 12, 2013, at 10:40 PM, Rohit Yadav <bhaisaab@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> +1 Let's do it!
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Brian Federle <Brian.Federle@citrix.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Since I have the initial UI plugin framework done, I would like to merge it down
into Apache master. The current branch it lives on is 'ui-plugins'.

>>> To introduce how UI plugins work right now, I've written a tutorial on the wiki:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/UI+Plugin+Tut
>>> orial
>>>
>>> Note that this is only a basic tutorial to get people started, and thus still
a work-in-progress.

>>> -- Detailed UI framework documentation still needs to be written, there are many
options and possibilities with the widgets, so I welcome any feedback on what would be the
best way to introduce people to CloudStack UI development.