From Sangeetha Hariharan <Sangeetha.Hariha...@citrix.com>
Subject [ACS41][QA] Test cases for VM Snaposot feature uploaded
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 02:20:40 GMT
Hi,

I've uploaded the test cases for VM Snapshot feature here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/VM+Snapshots+Test+Cases

Test cases covers all use cases that have been indicated as being  supported in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-684

Please Refer to the FS for more information on the feature: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/VM+Snapshots

Following are the questions I have:

1.      Following use cases mentioned in the FS is not supported (according to the comments
in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-684 ):

 *   Admin can place a limit on the number of stored snapshots per user
 *   Users can create snapshots manually or by setting up automatic recurring snapshot policies**
Snapshots can be created on an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly interval. One snapshot policy
can be set up per VM
 *   With each snapshot schedule, users can also specify the number of scheduled snapshots
to be retained** Older snapshots that exceed the retention limit are automatically deleted.
    *   This user-defined limit must be equal to or lower than the global limit set by the
CloudStack administrator.
    *   The limit applies only to those snapshots that are taken as part of an automatic recurring
snapshot policy. Additional manual snapshots can be created and retained

Can the FS be updated to reflect this?

2.      Supported Hypervisor:

Could you confirm the list of hypervisors that will be supported for this feature?

>From the discussions in the email thread , I see that KVM implementation has dependencies
on libvirt-java and for Xenserver there is dependency on volume snapshot design being improved.

Because of the above restrictions , Can you confirm that Vmware will the only hypervisor that
is supported?

3.      Is there a known limit on the number of snapshots that can be created for a VM  specific
to each hypervisor  ?

4.      VM Snapshot List - Support query by keyword . Can you elaborate on how we can set
a keyword for a VM Snapshot? listVMSnapshot() does not have a parameter for this .

5.      Database Schema for vm_snapshots does not list vm_id.  Vm_id should be part of the
vm_snapshots table , correct ?

-Thanks
Sangeetha