From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Fixing cloud-setup-databases
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:27:00 GMT
Hey Rohit,

As far as I know these are two disctict use cases.

The maven deploy db is just for developers or at least people who are just working from source
directly, and should provide a convenient way for developers to refresh their test database
or deploy a new schema.

The cloud-setup-databases is a tool that is used the sysadmins to setup a database after they
have deployed the packages. It has several purposes, setup db.properties, configure encryption
and load a database (if the supplied database is empty).

In my view both should remain for these purposes, but they should be in-sync and also the
upgrade sql script should be in sync with these changes.

Cheers,

Hugo