From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject 4.1 SSL Password Prompt
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:19:38 GMT
All,

When running "mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run", I prompted interactively for the password
to the cloud.keystore.  It appears that the server is generating a key if none is present
based on the following output:

INFO  [cloud.server.ConfigurationServerImpl] (Timer-2:) SSL keystore located at /Users/jburwell/Documents/projects/cloudstack/src/cloudstack-basho/client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/cloud.keystore
Password:WARN  [utils.script.Script] (Script-1:) Interrupting script.
WARN  [utils.script.Script] (Timer-2:) Timed out: sudo keytool -genkey -keystore /Users/jburwell/Documents/projects/cloudstack/src/cloudstack-basho/client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/cloud.keystore
-storepass vmops.com -keypass vmops.com -keyalg RSA -validity 3650 -dname cn="Cloudstack User",ou="0.8.31",o="0.8.31",c="Unknown"
.  Output is: dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/usr/bin/sudo)
is setuid or setgid
WARN  [cloud.server.ConfigurationServerImpl] (Timer-2:) Would use fail-safe keystore to continue.
java.io.IOException: Fail to generate certificate!: timeout

My first question is can this default behavior be disabled so that I can get the server to
start properly?  My second question is why are we generating a key in the first place?  The
shell script code is platform specific (in particular using sudo), and makes many assumptions
that may not be acceptable to a user.  Why not error out with a message informing the user
that they need to generate an SSL key?

Thanks,
-John