From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nominating Committers
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 05:50:11 GMT

On Feb 26, 2013, at 12:23 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Mehta@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Can the community guy also self nominate him/her self as well if he/she
>> feels they feel they have graduated to being a committer ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Nitin
>
> I don't see why not.
>
> --David

I would not be a big fan of auto-nomination.
The merit of a potential new committer should be self-evident for someone (including within
the PMC) in the community to make a nomination.

This is not a race, it is about a consistent contribution to the community and understanding
the Apache Way (transparency, meritocracy, respect for peers , consensus and non-affiliation).

-sebastien