From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: android cloudstack client
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:42:39 GMT
I'll let Sonny comment on this one if there is a plan to make it open source . But yes , this
project is still inchoate with ideas still being exchanged on how to take its development
forward.

Regards,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:02 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Musayev, Ilya; Sonny Chhen; Brian Federle
Subject: Re: android cloudstack client

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 10:50:50PM +0530, Pranav Saxena wrote:
> Now that's a tricky question , you just now asked :)  . At this juncture  ,unfortunately
, I don' have an answer to this.  But good to see that you really think that this could be
in huge demand .

So this is under development as a commercial Citrix product right now?

is also open-source - is priceless.

> To reflect on this thought, this tool will be in demand by both corporate and hosting
clients.

> How certain are you that Citrix is going to donate the code?
>

> "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
> This is great. I'd even say Android version is more in demand - but I dont want to start
smartphone wars.

> Whenevrrvtest version is ready, please let us know.
>
> In the meantime - for marketing reasons I'm going to note "mobile admin tool is in the
works"

> Thanks
> Ilya
>

> Pranav Saxena <pranav.saxena@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi abhi ,
>
> Even me and Brian had started to design the front end for an Android/ iOS app for cloudstack
and we were using the phoneGap API to handle few of the touch functionalities for this . We
thought that when we have a basic prototype up and working , we'll share it with the community
.

> Our plan is to have a basic set of features like starting an instance , stopping an instance
, may be take a snapshot and list the capacity charts on the dashboard .

> Could you also elaborate on what exactly is your plan and how do you plan to have the
UI design for your work ? May be we should collaborate on this and avoid any redundant work
.

> Regards,
> Pranav

I have started to put together a android client initially to show dash board and later probably
will add more functionality.