From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: '[PROPOSAL]' Third party plugins
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 07:32:57 GMT
Moved both of them to 4.2.

Thanks,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2013 3:13 AM
To: Brian Federle
Cc: David Nalley; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; Sonny Chhen
Subject: Re: '[PROPOSAL]' Third party plugins

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 01:31:36PM -0800, Brian Federle wrote:
> The code is pretty much ready, I am just doing preliminary testing of it before I merge
down. I should have it complete and in master by beginning of next week, including a basic
tutorial on how to implement/install UI plugins.

> Thanks,
> Brian

Hi Brian.  I see that both the jira record and the design wiki page are listing 4.1 as the
release.  Can you move them to 4.2 please?

> On Feb 8, 2013, at 1:21 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
> > Sonny: et al:
> >
> > I see work going on in the ui-plugins feature branch that I assume
> > is where this work is happening for this. What is the current status
> > of this work?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --David
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Chhen@citrix.com> wrote:
> >> Hello All,
> >>
> >> I would like to discuss a new feature that is being worked on for the next release
of CloudStack. It is the ability to add third party plugins into CloudStack while still utilizing
the current ui. The procedure in which this would occur is as follows:

> >> 1.       The developer  will write a plugin that they would like to add into
CloudStack

> >> 2.        Using a predetermined file hierarchy we create, the developer will
place their plugin within the folder structure and fill out a plugin.js file

> >> 3.       The admin will then place this folder into the existing CloudStack
"plugin"

> >> 4.       The admin will then add this new listing onto the plugin.js file that
lies within that folder

> >> 5.       The user then just has to refresh the browser and the plugin will be
available to use.

> >> We will be toying with the idea of adding a plugin button to the navigation
so that the user can see what plugins have been installed and click on them to access them.