From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Change qcow disk cache=none
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:00:36 GMT
On 02/15/2013 02:31 PM, Jason Villalta wrote:
> Is there any way easy way to make this setting dependent on the
> storage definition?  For example some primary storage may need this
> set to one value such as cache=writeback such as with the case of ZFS,
> GlusterFS, CEPH.  Then other storage may want a different setting such
> as cache=writethough or none which is the case with a local ext4
> storage or NFS.

Exactly.

I brought this up about a week ago, see this thread:
http://markmail.org/thread/qmrod55gfmhwzot4

It shouldn't be a global property, it should be defined per storage
pool, or even better, per disk offering.

Right now we are talking about the cache setting, but tomorrow it could
be a different setting.

Wido

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Rajesh Battala
> <rajesh.battala@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jason Villalta,
>> In LibvirtVmDef.java, there is DiskDef class ,  get the cache value from the Global
config, while constructing the xml in the override method the class toString() specify the
cache value, currently it is using "none".