From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [Propose] Propose following features for 4.1 release.....
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 09:42:01 GMT
Hi,

On 02/09/2013 04:41 AM, Ram Ganesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose following features which are at various stages in
> the review board(hit review board by Jan 31st) for inclusion into 4.1
> release.
>
> CLOUDSTACK-713 Limit Resources to domain/accounts
>   - Achieved "Ship it" status but not sure if it is in master branch.
>
> CLOUDSTACK-705 IP Address reservation within a network
>   - Review comments incorporated and updated patch re-submitted.
>
> CLOUDSTACK-197 Support for EC2 Query API (rest interface)
>   - Few patches achieved "Ship it" status and others are being reviewed.
>
> CLOUDSTACK-657 VMware vNetwork Distributed Virtual Switch support in
> CloudStack
>   - In final stage of closure on review comments.

Although these are really nice features, the feature freeze for 4.1 was
at the end of January.

Our current focus has to be getting 4.1 stable and packaged, adding more
features wouldn't be wise.

And where do we stop? If we allow these new features, why shouldn't we
also include feature X or Y?

> Your thoughts/flames please....

No flames, but this would get a -1 from me.

Wido