From Brian Federle <Brian.Fede...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: '[PROPOSAL]' Third party plugins
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 21:31:36 GMT
The code is pretty much ready, I am just doing preliminary testing of it before I merge down.
I should have it complete and in master by beginning of next week, including a basic tutorial
on how to implement/install UI plugins.

Thanks,
Brian

On Feb 8, 2013, at 1:21 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

> Sonny: et al:
>
> I see work going on in the ui-plugins feature branch that I assume is
> where this work is happening for this. What is the current status of
> this work?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --David
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Chhen@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I would like to discuss a new feature that is being worked on for the next release
of CloudStack. It is the ability to add third party plugins into CloudStack while still utilizing
the current ui. The procedure in which this would occur is as follows:

>> 1.       The developer  will write a plugin that they would like to add into CloudStack
>>
>> 2.        Using a predetermined file hierarchy we create, the developer will place
their plugin within the folder structure and fill out a plugin.js file

>> 3.       The admin will then place this folder into the existing CloudStack "plugin"
>>
>> 4.       The admin will then add this new listing onto the plugin.js file that lies
within that folder

>> 5.       The user then just has to refresh the browser and the plugin will be available
to use.

>> We will be toying with the idea of adding a plugin button to the navigation so that
the user can see what plugins have been installed and click on them to access them.