From Pradeep Soundararajan <pradeep.soundarara...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Packaging in 4.1
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 10:00:04 GMT
Thanks Hugo, Wido and Noa for bringing this to some closure :)

I am able to package rpm using "packaging/centos63/package.sh" after some modification in
the package.sh script since cloud.spec is looking for 'cloudstack' Name.

-mkdir -p $RPMDIR/SOURCES/cloud-$VERSION
+mkdir -p $RPMDIR/SOURCES/cloudstack-$VERSION

-(cd ../../; tar -c --exclude .git --exclude dist  .  | tar -C $RPMDIR/SOURCES/cloud-$VERSION
-x )
-(cd $RPMDIR/SOURCES/; tar -czf cloud-$VERSION.tgz cloud-$VERSION)
+(cd ../../; tar -c --exclude .git --exclude dist  .  | tar -C $RPMDIR/SOURCES/cloudstack-$VERSION
-x )
+(cd $RPMDIR/SOURCES/; tar -czf cloudstack-$VERSION.tgz cloudstack-$VERSION)

Packaging went fine after the above modification but I have observed some issues while installing
the package.  I believe you have changed the installation path from */cloud/* to */cloudstack/*
and also observed you have changed all the rpm names from cloud* to cloudstack*.  If that
is a situation then I feel we cannot upgrade from 4.0 since they were pointing to different
rpm names and they were loaded in a different location.  I feel,  this would raise lot of
compatibility issues here and there.

Noticed you have changed cloud-client to cloudstack-management. I feel, we have to modify
install.sh script accordingly in order to satisfy all the changed conditions.

Time being shall we keep all the internals intact with the same name cloud instead of cloudstack?

Please let us know if any one see any other issues.

Thanks,
Pradeep S