From Bharat Kumar <bharat.ku...@citrix.com>
Subject Regarding cpu and ram overcommit feature
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:27:55 GMT
Hi all,

As a part of this feature we need to implement a method to update the overcommit ratios.

when we update the overcommit ratios all the Vms in the cluster need to be reconfigured as
per the new values.

In order to do this i need to send some commands to the hypervisor and would like this operation
to be asynchronous.

There are two ways to do this
1. ) To use the existing updateCluster Api
2.) Implement a new api

The problems with 1 are that it is synchronous command and making it asynchronous  will break
the backward compatibility and
 in case of 2 we need to add a new api to change the overcommit ratios ( a cluster attribute
) which I think is not intuitive.

Please suggest a way to implement this.

Thanks.
Bharat.