From Brian Federle <Brian.Fede...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] UI plugin framework
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 18:41:00 GMT
Chip,

First off, I apologize for not seeing your e-mail. I waited ~24hrs with only one response,
and unfortunately I missed your post when I already merged to master. I think I forgot to
read the full thread of what I was responding to there, so I'll be more careful in the future.

However, there really needs to be more clarification about the merging procedure/protocol.
I thought that waiting a day would be sufficient, and considering the lack of responses (and
the one positive from Rohit) I read that as an OK to proceed the push. Despite this, I can't
effectively follow proper procedure by sifting through hundreds of mails in the list to try
and figure out what everyone else is doing. Can we please have a wiki page setup with clear
instructions? I'm really not trying to break any rules, but I'm sort of in the dark here and
still need to get the features I'm working on out in a timely manner.

Let me hear your thoughts -- I just really need clarification here.

Thanks,
Brian

On Feb 13, 2013, at 4:18 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2013, at 6:03 PM, Brian Federle <Brian.Federle@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Just merged to master.
>>

> That's disappointing, because master was broken before you merged. I
> would have thought we would have stopped to fix it first, or at least
> you would held off until it was fixed. How did you test master post
> merge but before push with a broken build?
>
> I'm also a little put off that my question from earlier today went
> unanswered. I was hoping we would be able to view the clean diff
> before a merge happened.
>
> Don't get me wrong. I like the functionality. I'm just not
> particularly enthralled by the when and how's of this merge.
>
>> -Brian
>>
>> On Feb 12, 2013, at 10:40 PM, Rohit Yadav <bhaisaab@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 Let's do it!

it down into Apache master. The current branch it lives on is 'ui-plugins'.

many options and possibilities with the widgets, so I welcome any feedback on what would be
the best way to introduce people to CloudStack UI development.