From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Merge vim51_win8 to master (Vmware SDK upgrade)
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 05:55:48 GMT
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 06:49:00AM +0530, Min Chen wrote:
> Honestly speaking, the reason that I didn't run existing marvin test
> suite against my local setup is that I myself is not familiar with
> Marvin test framework and don't know how to cook up a marvin test
> setup for Vmware.  But IMHO, run marvin test against my local setup
> does not add extra values to those manual tests I have done. To
> really enable automated integration testing for this feature, we
> need to have CI environment for Vmware in place.

Understand the predicament here. We do run all the automated tests via
CI internally already for all hypervisor environments. It is a bit
involved and couple of engineers monitor the CI, analyze and report
issues on issues.a.o from those runs. The runs take up significant
time and I wouldn't expect them to be run on a dev environment.

But if you have setup the vmware environment on your laptop then you
can still run the devcloud tests against it using the instructions
from here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Testing+with+Python#TestingwithPython-RunningDevcloudTests

Let me know if there are any issues / failures.

--
Prasanna.,