From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:07:39 GMT
Yup, having 9 blockers (as of a moment ago) is pretty bad.

Here's the list FWIW...  the last one needs someone to grab it and fix
it.  Others with blocker bugs, can you please at least update it with
current status?

CLOUDSTACK-1228Unable to Create System Vm's in the  VMware Hypervisor
setup.Venkata Siva Vijayendra Bhamidipati

CLOUDSTACK-1244fail to push sysmvm.iso onto xen hostAbhinandan Prateek

CLOUDSTACK-1252Failed to download default template in VMwareAlex Huang

CLOUDSTACK-1264System VM does not have default route.Jayapal Reddy

CLOUDSTACK-1276Remove autoscanning for 4.1Kelven Yang

CLOUDSTACK-1289[F5-SRX-InlineMode] Usage stats are not generated for
Juniper SRX Firewall in inlinemodeKishan Kavala

CLOUDSTACK-1357Duplicate <jobstatus> inside DeployVM's job response
virtualmachine object Was: (Autoscale: Provisioned VMs from Netscaler
not being added to lb vserver, provserver fails with
provserver_err_asynctaskpoll)Vijay Venkatachalam

CLOUDSTACK-1382vm deploy fails with Error "cannot find
DeployPlannerSelector for vm"for frank zhang

CLOUDSTACK-1386BASIC zone SSVM fail to start due to exception Unassigned

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:36:17AM -0800, Sudha Ponnaganti wrote:
> Chip,
>
> Would like to raise concern that even blockers are not being addressed in time for QA
to run automation and move ahead with testing of features. I will post the features ( very
minimal numbers ) tested so far. This is a risk unless developers take the defects seriously
and fix them and let us move ahead. Blockers are being sitting there for more than 10 days
without any resolution.

> As for next  escalation point,  I would recommend to remove features where defects are
not being addressed. There is no point in putting code in which is not usable and these are
blocking other working features which we could not even get to.

> Thanks
> /Sudha

bug-fix work.  We defined it as:

> 2013-02-28
>   Docs Completion Target (except release notes and translations) (Docs
>   may be included in the release after this date, after consensus on
>   each addition that the inclusion does not reduce release quality).
>
>   Release Branch moves to limited updates only (only commits allowed
>   in would be release blockers fixes, translation updates, etc...)
>
> I'd like to get as many bugs resolved as possible (as well as ensure that the blockers
that Sudha has shared this morning are addressed as quickly as possible).

> After Thursday, we're going to want to move to a very limited amount of change within
the 4.1 branch.  Given that, now's the time to knock down the blockers...  but also as many
of the other priority bugs as possible.

> If you have 4.1 bugs assigned to you, please take a moment today to try to get them resolved
(or at least triaged).  If you don't have any bugs assigned, then pick some of the unassigned
ones!  We're trying to not work like a corporate dev team, where managers assign the bugs.
 That means that personal initiative to pick up work and resolve issues is going to be key
to getting our bug count down!

> Also, if we can get the DEB packaging wrapped up and in the branch by EOD Thursday, that
would go a long way to ensuring that we will be working with a stable source tree for the
rest of the process.  (Wido /