From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Review Request: Fix for CloudStack-462. Installation Guide Errors Are Fixed
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2013 06:57:29 GMT
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:09:26PM -0500, Chip Childers wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 10:35:13PM +0530, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
> > What is the right process in such situation ? I have submitted the
> > patch two months back. The patch was not reviewed for long.
> >
> > Later some of the files are submitted to the Master, and now the
> > patch is obsolete. Should I be resubmitting the patch rebasing the
> > Master, or just abandon it ?
>
> This sucks when it happens.  Sorry about that Radhika.

Yes - it does. Increasingly frustrating when it happens to a
contributor repeatedly.

What we could do is poll reviewboard/cloudstack for reviews each day
and apply each of the patches in sequence on the latest HEAD available
at that time. And email the conflicts and failures to the list as a
digest, alerting of the diverging target branch. Anyone want to
automate that? I think it's doable.

We'll need a stop gap solution before convincing the ASF of gerrit
reviews. Anyone following up on that?

And how about -1 points to committers who don't get to a review done
in time? :)

/me ducks the asf brickbats
--
Prasanna.,