From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Management Server Memory Requirements
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 08:33:25 GMT
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:57:07PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:35:15AM +0530, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
> > We began seeing this at the point of the 4.1 cut. Our xen devclouds
> > stopped working until we increased the dom0 RAM to 1.5GB. Nobody else
> > was complaining, and most people don't run the mgmt server in
> > devcloud, so I was just waiting to see where the conversation about
> > memory went on the MAVEN_OPTS e-mail thread.
>
> actually the devcloud-ci job broke soon as javelin came to master and
> the 2g recommendation wasn't useful for a machine that ran several
> devcloud workers. There was no hope for that machine that has since
> been recommissioned, the job deleted and now repurposed to build
> systemvms instead. If the memory overhead is fixed I can bring the ci
> back up.

Alex posted CLOUDSTACK-1276 and quoted 4.1 would be difficult to ship
with autoscanning turned on. A sudden increase in memory requirements
post upgrade to 4.1 is going to be a surprise in a production
deployment (which should have enough memory) but I'd rather not depend
on that assumption.

Prasanna.,