From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Correct copyright attribution for your Java IPv6 Library?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:13:39 GMT
Hi there,

I'm part of the Apache CloudStack community [1] (our dev list is
cc'ed to archive this discussion), and have a question about your Java
IPv6 library's copyright.

First off, thanks for sharing the library with others.  We are happy to
have found it!

We are planning on adding a dependency like to use your library as a dependency
for helping with our IPv6 functionality, and I'm in the midst of preparing the legal
documentation changes required for our distro packages.  In doing so, I
see that you have published the library under an ASLv2 license, which is
great!

However, I haven't been able to find a stated copyright in any of the artifacts
published to Maven Central, or in the source itself.  Who currently owns
the copyright to the library's code?  Is it just yourself and the other
committer listed on the google code site [2]?

I have also not found any NOTICE file that we would need to include in
our legal documentation.  Can you confirm that this is the case?

Thanks again for sharing your library!

On behalf of the Apache CloudStack community,

-Chip Childers

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack
[2] http://code.google.com/p/java-ipv6/people/list